The Ruffian is our first CJRB model designed in collaboration with Dirk Pinkerton. This compact Wharncliffe-style knife hits the perfect spot between three worlds, while the Ruffian may be small in size it cuts like a much bigger knife thanks to the wide blade that comes down to a razor-thin edge. Altogether the Ruffian has something for every situation and will make itself right at home in your pocket.
- Black PVD AR-RPM9 Powder Steel. The Ruffian’s blade is constructed from our proprietary AR-RPM9 steel that perfectly blends edge retention, corrosion resistance, and ease of sharpening. This is the ideal option for an everyday carry knife that will stay strong through all of your adventures.
- Cutting Profile. The Ruffian’s wide Wharncliffe-style blade is designed to maximize cutting power while minimizing overall edge length, meaning that even short cuts bite deep and separate materials with ease, making the 3” blade of this knife effectively do the work of much larger knives. The fine tip is ideal for piercing cuts and tip work, and the slight angle to the blade adds just a little bit more versatility when working on a flat surface, helping to keep your fingers elevated away from the cutting surface. Additionally, the shape of the blade allows for very easy sharpening and maintenance.
- Blade. The Ruffian features a razor-thin 0.11” thick blade stock which allows this knife to glide effortlessly through cuts with incredible accuracy. Coupled with the slim handles and aggressive milling the thin stock also helps to significantly cut down the overall weight of the knife.
- G10 Handle. For people who want their knives to perform under any condition G10 is an excellent handle material option. G10 is temperature resistant, water-resistant, non-reactive, non-conductive, and exceptionally tough under pressure.
- Designer. Dirk Pinkerton is an established knife maker who has been designing for a wide array of knife companies for over a decade. His designs are distinguished by crisp lines, exceptional ergonomics, and blades that are practical and purpose-driven. We’ve been very happy to work with Dirk over the last several years and the Ruffian is his first model in our CJRB line of knives, which we believe is a perfect fit, combining Dirk’s crisp, practical design language and CJRB quality to create an incredible value-oriented knife that performs flawlessly.
|Blade Finish||Black PVD Coating|
|Blade Style||Drop point|
|Pivot Assembly||Ceramic Ball Bearing|
|Lock Type||Liner Lock|
We ship primarily USPS. If you prefer FedEx please contact us. Our Shipping Department is closed on the weekends (Saturday & Sunday) and on all Federal Holidays, so any orders placed during the weekend or on a Federal Holiday will ship within the next 2 business days.
We will let you know the tracking number by email. You can also check your order status on the MY ACCOUNT page.
Some items we sell are restricted in certain areas. Please make sure you understand our TERMS & CONDITIONS (you will be required to agree to them before you can place an order), as well as any laws in your area regarding ownership and/or carrying of your purchase.
A complete and correct delivery address is essential. Once your order has been prepared for shipment or has shipped, we are unable to change the shipping address. If a package is returned to us due to an incorrect or incomplete address provided by you (the customer) or your agent, we will contact you immediately for a correction, and the package will be re-shipped at an additional shipping fee. You must include a daytime telephone number for all orders. Occasionally packages are returned to Artisan Cutlery as undeliverable. When the carrier returns an undeliverable package to Artisan Cutlery, please contact Artisan Cutlery to make arrangements for reshipment.
We serve most states in the continental United States excluding the 7 states at this time:
*Armed Forces - Americas
*the Northern Mariana Islands
*U.S. Virgin Islands
*Check back as we expand to more regions.
1. How can you contact us about this policy?
If you have any further questions or comments, you may contact us by firstname.lastname@example.org
2. How are the shipping costs calculated?
Artisan Cutlery offers Free shipping on orders over $100. and If you want to get the products faster, please choose the expedited delivery method.
3. How does your free shipping work?
We offer "free shipping" or "free shipping and free returns" on many of our products. "Free shipping" refers to standard shipping; express delivery and second-day charges are extra. Our "free shipping and free returns" offer is available to the lower 48, the continental U.S. states only, and not available on orders to Hawaii, Alaska, Canada, Mexico, or other international destinations. Products that ship by freight are not eligible for free shipping or free returns. "Free returns" do not apply to items with art shades, Color Plus and Tiffany Color Plus brand items, or certain products with designer shades.
4. How long will my order take?
Our goal is to offer you the best shipping options, no matter where you live. We deliver to hundreds of customers across America every day, and we strive to provide you with services of the highest level.
The time frame of order delivery is divided into two parts: processing time and shipping time. Processing time: shipping within 48 hours.Shipping time: we provide different methods for different product categories. Your shipping time will be affected by the shipping method you specified.
|Rate name||Condition||Transit time||Price|
|Economy||No limited||5 to 8 business days||Free|
|Standard||No limited||3 to 5 business days||$20 USD|
|Rest of the World|
|Rate name||Condition||Transit time||Price|
|Economy International||No limited||6 to 18 business days||$20 USD|
5. What kind of packing materials does Artisan Cutlery use?
We are committed to using eco-friendly packing solutions whenever possible. We use air-filled pillow bags that efficiently pack into boxed shipments and reduce the amount of packing material needed for each order. We also use 100 percent biodegradable starch pellets as packing materials. These static-free pellets have the look of old-fashioned plastic packing peanuts but are made to degrade quickly in landfills and are completely petroleum, CFC, and HCFC-free.